[dba-Tech] OT: Friday brain-teaser

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:04:49 CST 2013

This is a very old problem concerning an ancient Greek whose name I won't
mention, since that might enable you to simply Google and obtain the answer.

His boyhood last 1/6th of his life; his beard grew after 1/12th more; he
married after 1/7th more, and his son was born five years later. The son
lived to half his father's age, and the father died four years after his
son. How old was the father?

--
Arthur

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We
cause accidents.

-Nathaniel Borenstein<http://www.quoteland.com/author/Nathaniel-Borenstein-Quotes/63/>