[dba-Tech] 2.0 v. 2.1 PC speakers

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 13 17:25:47 CST 2013

Ha ha ha... ;-)

We try, with our limited retirement budget to go to as many live events as
that affords. Those artist, probably the most devoted and poorest paid
people in our communities sure need our support...but a good stereo will do
in-between events.

I am in the process of moving all our media from family photos, slides, VHS,
old record albums, CDs, HDS tapes, DVDs to my servers and then the rest can
be set aside for inheritance, archived or sold. (prices for 3TB hard drives
are running as cheap as $100 which makes this all possible.) Also if someone
is planning to write their life-story this will be an invaluable reference:
My aunt released a small book on her family history and which should be
called "My first eighty years". ;-) I think it would make a great ebook, at
least for the family.

Choosing the best possible encryption schemes and hardware solutions now
becomes so important as what ever is lost can never be recovered. Any
insights on the best methods to accomplish these transitions would be
greatly appreciated.

Example: Photographing old photos, setting the white balance, using the
lowest F stop, medium telephoto-lens, bounced lighting, timed-bracketed
shots, with a digital camera on a tripod and sorting the results through the
latest Photoshop, produces far better results than any scanner I am aware
of.

Has anyone found a good method for recording slides?