[dba-Tech] Was: World Series Question, not Coin Toss Question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jan 15 01:02:49 CST 2013

Bzzt!.

I'm wrong but my calculations were correct.

As I said originally, and showed in the spreadsheet,  there are indeed only 35 possible
outcomes of which Arthur wins 20 and I win 15.

But they are not all equally likely!  So the probabilty is not  43%  (15/35)

Arthur is the correct, the probabililty is indeed about 34% when the likelihood of the various
outcomes is taken into consideration.

However, he is still wrong about the total number of possible outcomes :-)

--
Stuart