[dba-Tech] Ubuntu thin client

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 20 12:09:28 CST 2013

I am not sure whether JQuery is necessary just for Node.js as Node is the BE
server and JQuery functionality is really FE but if you wish to directly
combine FE and BE?...

Here is a link to a page I have been using the study Node.js. The fellow
giving the series of lessons is really very good and if you are thinking of
playing with the webserver Node.js I could think of no better place to
start.

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/this-time-youll-learn-node
-js/

Note: There is ways to install Node.js on Windows but it will require a few
more twists and turns to accomplish it. (I tried once, had some issues,
probably environment conflicts, as it was on an active server, not a clean
install, wanted immediate results, felt this might be the proverbial "tip of
the iceberg" and so abandoned the effort.)