[dba-Tech] Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:23:33 CST 2013

Hi Arthur,

I installed one in my laptop in November 2010, and have had no problems. It
really makes a big difference in boot time, and most apps also work faster.
I can't find my notes on improved boot time but is was significant.

Since I had such good luck I have installed them on at least 3 of my friends
and all agree it makes a big improvement.  They were all in laptops and
since many laptop use 5400 rpm and the Momentus is 7200 rpm I suspect some
improvement there as well.

For what it's worth I recommend them.

Bill