[dba-Tech] Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 25 14:28:07 CST 2013

On 26/01/2013 8:05 a.m., Arthur Fuller wrote:
> The firm is offering this drive at a pretty good price (currently $118.79)
> and it's tempting. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I'm
> thinking it would be great as a boot drive, with Windows and my core suite
> of software such as Access and Alpha Five loaded on the SSD part of it.

I've used one also it works still however I've since gone to full Intel
SSD's which make an even better difference having no read latency things
start much faster. They make for a significant upgrade to older pc's.
As the 6GB ones are not much more I've tended to go for these however
the SATA is likely to be a bottleneck in terms of what might have been
possible however one can't really tell and I expect these drives may
well be re-cycled when the hardware dies...