[dba-Tech] 1 GB Ram - but what is it?

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Fri Jan 25 18:35:31 CST 2013

svchost.exe is the generic process name for a DLL thats being executed as if it was a real application, so it could really be anything. Now, on Linux I would by able to tell you easily how to find out which one is sucking up all that memory, but, alas, someone else more familiar with windows internals would be better able to help here.

- Hans