[dba-Tech] 1 GB Ram - but what is it?

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Fri Jan 25 18:43:50 CST 2013

Rocky,

Also, download Process Explorer by SysInternals.  Great product!
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.  This is one of
the first programs I install on my PCs and if I am working on other peoples
PCs.  It can be made to replace (for as long as you want) the windows task
manager.  SO much more functionality and information than the standard task
manager (although Win 8's task manager is better than any prior Windows'
version of task manager).

When you run it, hover over the svchost.exe and it will show you all of the
services under that particular instance of svchost.

Bobby