[dba-Tech] database

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jan 27 02:58:50 CST 2013

I really liked it.  It was my primary development environment between 86 and 93.   First on
C/CPM  then on DOS.

I built some major systems in it including the system used to track all the material moved by
SAT for the construction of the Kutubu oil pipleine (up to 15 x 20 ton C130 loads per day for 3
years - one of the biggest civilian airlifts in history). Then when they built the Lihir goldmine, I
wrote Ver 2 to manage the movement of everything for the construction by barge  from Lae
to Lihir.

I never got into the Windows version because I switched to Access in 93 (v1.1).  But in it's
day it was very powerful and great for RAD.   It was like Access/VBA in some ways in that
you could do a lot of heavy coding inside forms and reports.

I was still occasionally writing mashups to suck data from DOS based Dataflex accounting
systems  into Access etc until about 10 years ago.

--
Stuart