[dba-Tech] The dark side of programming craftmanship

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 28 21:52:27 CST 2013

As a programmer, my work quality (not functionality) falls into all sort of
categories.

Sometimes, it is a rush to crank out code that I will be loathe to admit to
and other times in long term contracts, the code is a "thing of beauty". All
quick hacks and mashups and eloquently designed code has put food on table.

Here is an interesting article on that subject (PS there is also a beautiful
Japanese parable that puts our coding into perspective.):

http://www.javaworld.com/community/?q=node/8649