[dba-Tech] Have a Raspberry PI

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 31 10:30:36 CST 2013

Hi All:

You would think that retirement life would afford a lot of extra time...but
somehow every day becomes packed with details that need attention so I make
lists of things to do and slowly check the oldest ones off.

That preamble said; I will be ordering my very own Raspberry PI, sometime in
the late spring or summer. For those who already have theirs, are new to the
computer, here is a little ten points worth knowing:

http://blog.makezine.com/2012/12/25/ten-raspberry-pi-tips/

For those who wish to setup an emulation to get up to speed before it
arrives try these tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28CqDKjtppg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0FvGRXPmw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmYIAGwpe4

The above videos are hardly brilliant but they show you how to create a good
virtual emulation...all the way to, "Hello World". When setup properly it
will be accessible from anywhere on the network, just like a real one.