[dba-Tech] Installing WIndows 7 Backup

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Wed Jul 24 12:58:24 CDT 2013

Hi Arthur,
Here is a good article on Windows 7 backup, which is much improved over
previous Windows versions.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1838/using-backup-and-restore-in-windows-7/
You can now create a complete system image with it.

About my only complaint with W& backup is there is no auto management of the
backup space. If your backup drive runs out of space it will fail. You must
remember to go in and manage the space occasionally.
(I have been searching for methods to build a script to do this but have not
found any leads on how to do it. If you find something please let me know.)
John B