[dba-Tech] Where is Control Panel in WIndows 8

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Jul 31 10:05:39 CDT 2013

My new 'free' laptop from the eMachines class action settlement is an Acer
Aspire V5-471.  4GB RAM, not super fast - 1.4GHz, but a CORE i3 processor (4
cores) so it's pretty snappy so far. 14" display, 4 pounds, 4 hours of
battery life. Looks like it will be my new travel machine.

Best of all, it has a pause/break key which many laptops do not have which
made it awkward to do access development.

Before I do any more configuring, Noah has proselytized me into allowing him
to create a dual boot so I can have Linux as well. He'll be loading his
favorite distro, whatever that is this week, So I'll have a chance to play
with that.

But W8 is going to take a bit of learning as we've both found out.  After
the W8 upgrade, I found that I had no wireless drive.  But I found the right
package on the internets and got it installed, but that took an hour of
futzing around trying to figure out what was wrong, what the fix was, and
implementing the fix.

Rocky