[dba-Tech] The evolution of the browser designer and editor

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 6 11:42:17 CDT 2013

Hi Shamil:

This is great stuff. :-)

From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Salakhetdinov
Shamil
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 2:55 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] The evolution of the browser designer and editor

 Hi Jim --

That "WebStorm 5.0 Live Edit with Google Chrome" presentation looks very
impressive, and the tools should be useful here, thank you.

BTW, MS is also doing some work in the similar direction and not only with
HTML/CSS but also ASP.NET MVC and WebForms:

"Visual Studio 2012 Page Inspector":
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudiouk/archive/2012/11/19/visual-studio-2012
-page-inspector.aspx

-- Shamil
Wednesday, June  5, 2013 1:43 PM -07:00 from "Jim Lawrence"
<accessd at shaw.ca>:
>In the last few years as the browser has completely consumed most of the
>development in the computer world, the editors-integrators-testers have not
>kept up.
>
>The attached link to the post is a great over-view of the advances in IDEs.
>The author does feel the current work-flow system is broken but it is more
>that editors are not advancing as fast as code developers. With the final
>universal acceptance of HTML5/CSS/JavaScript the dam has broken and I would
>expect to see site advances far beyond today's standard website designs.
>
>http://blog.kenneth.io/blog/2013/05/21/our-web-development-workflow-is-comp
>etely-broken/
>
>It is truly a very exciting time for web developers.
>
>Aside: I would truly like to be able to code as fast as the WebStorm video
>shows but I suspect a carefully edited vid.
>
>Jim

Салахетдинов Шамиль