[dba-Tech] AngularJS: Write less code, go have beer sooner - anybody?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 7 13:49:24 CDT 2013

Hi Shamil:

I have not worked with AngularJS but the particular problem that is resolved
in the YouTube video looks impressive.

That said; there is so much more capabilities to both JQuery and AngularJS
that it would be logical to have bot libraries available. The next question
is will they both work together within the same environment.

As they both use the same base code, both monitor events, both use JSON,
AJAX and store many variables to extend their capabilities, will they clash?
If they do clash how difficult is it to work around issues? Will loading
both libraries dramatically reduce performance in start up or changing
pages?

I am not sure how large the base of extended code samples that AngularJS
has...how large of a background support through forums and developers, if
there are bugs and serious issues. OTOH we know that there is a massive set
of JQuery code samples and an extended community build around the product
JQ.

OTOH, it might be worth seeing just how far a small web site project can go
with just using AJS.