[dba-Tech] AngularJS: Write less code, go have beer sooner - anybody?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 7 21:13:26 CDT 2013

Hi Shamil:

No question about it.

AngularJS seems to have more features and requires less work to use them.
BackboneJS was written by the same developer as CoffeeScript and therefore
has a ready made supporter base. But it does seems that BackboneJS is an
older product, by design, than AngularJS.

My original concerns that AJS would not play well with JQuery seems to be
answered in a statement made in the article you supplied the link to. So no
loss of pre-built code.

The only thing I do have against AJS is that it was originally written by
Google (they have had a bad reputation for dropping non profitable products
on a whim) but now that AJS has an Open source GL license, its long term
survival and growth seems assured.

One other question to be reviewed, without further investigation, would be
how does AngularJS handles complex input fields?

(Sure wish I has something more than just raw JS and old HTML when I worked
on an in-house application(s), for a company, many years ago. Now there are
so many great tools, editors and a standard built-in core of features in the
base JavaScript. It is now hard just to decide which are the best products
to follow.)