[dba-Tech] Trying to setup nodejs KARMA package...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Jun 9 18:25:25 CDT 2013

 HI All --

I have got KARMA running.

I have got finally setup nodejs 0.11.2 -   http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.11.2/
But karma package was setup before using nodejs 0.10.5 -  http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.5/
It has got stored in C:\Users\{{My User Name}}\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\karma - that seems to be a correct location.
I have also setup PhantomJS -  http://phantomjs.org/download.html .
It seems to be necessary to manually setup environment variables:

CHROME_BIN = {{fullpath of chrome.exe}}
PHANTOMJS_BIN = {{fullpath of phantomjs.exe}}.

As well as edit and save PATH environment variable to get it added

C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\

And I can now run jasmine tests using karma with both Chrome and PhantomJS. IE fails (as usual).

Well, I can run JavaScript tests but "end-to-end' tests still fail to be executed when running with both Chrome and PhantomJS - I'm getting warning messages:

[2013-06-10 03:12:29.673] [WARN] config - "/" is proxied, you should probably change urlRoot to avoid conflicts
INFO [karma]: Karma server started at http://localhost:9876/
INFO [launcher]: <<< Starting browser PhantomJS
INFO [launcher]: --- Starting browser PhantomJS
INFO [PhantomJS 1.9 (Windows)]: Connected on socket id nt0PFIKfhu_qOf1cNloF
WARN [proxy]: failed to proxy /app/index.html (Error: connect ECONNREFUSED) Still to find a solution for the above issue.

-- Shamil

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:13 AM +04:00 from Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru>:
>Hi All --
>
>Context: Win8
>
>I have got node.js (32bit) installed into

<<< skipped >>>