[dba-Tech] Cloud Foundry

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 18 11:31:32 CDT 2013

Hi Tina:

Are you just using your Cloud for storage or as a database location or from
which to run an application?

There is of course a variety of free small and insecure data storage
locations like DropBox but as the features increase so do the price.

Here is a list of the top provider given their features, price and a host of
other support products:

http://www.thetop10bestonlinebackup.com/cloud-storage

If you want to try to play with your own fully loaded OSS Cloud check out
OwnCloud at:
http://owncloud.org/

Note: that it is a totally new products and some features may be unstable if
pushed to the limits but the price is right for experimentation. The product
does have nightly builds so what doesn't seem to work as expected today may
work fine tomorrow. ;-)