[dba-Tech] Personal security

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Wed Jun 19 14:04:46 CDT 2013

Eh, unfortunately, if Steve Gibson is right, it might not possibly matter, because he theorises that the NSA is splitting the optical cables (hence PRISM) right from the ISP at a location close to these companies data centres and just sucking up all the packets - the idea being that by being at a close proximity of the data centres, there is a higher probability that the packet is destined for these companies services. Basically, they are wiretapping Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc. The reason this matters is that this now means that these companies are completely right in denying claims that they are giving backdoor access to their data to the NSA.

Anyways, I recommend listening to Steve Gibsons recent Security Now podcast episode 408 (the state of surveillance): https://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

- Hans