[dba-Tech] Everyone needs one or two

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jun 27 02:20:30 CDT 2013

Hi Jon

They are most likely as unhappy with the situation as you are, and they
don't manufacture the drives but buy them. So the interesting info would be:
What drives?

We have been running SSDs from both IBM, Kingston, and Intel without a
single failure, half in servers, half in desktops. Lately we have settled
with the Intel 520 series which are very fast and not that expensive.

If you wish users clapping their hands, you have three options: Intel i5 or
faster CPU, a fast SSD, and a screen of 24" or larger with 1920 x 1200 (not
1080) resolution or larger.

/gustav