[dba-Tech] Beating a dead horse?

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Mar 6 19:45:55 CST 2013

Unless it finds a home in the tablet and is favored by the corporate world
who have been in the Microsoft desktop world for 25 years.

The article seems to say that W8 will fail on the desk/laptop .  Probably.
But reasons 1, 2, 3, 4 all relate to the PC world - a world we know has
declining sales.

But what if over the next few years, people abandon their desk/laptops
because they don't need them.  They need mobility more - communications, web
browsing, the cloud, information.  So they'll be carrying tablets instead of
laptops and netbooks.

I wouldn't count them out yet.