[dba-Tech] Beating a dead horse?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Mar 8 03:35:56 CST 2013

Hi Martin

The original reason is that Microsoft is dominating the desktop market which
Apple isn't.

However, the actual reason for the size of the bill, is that Microsoft knew
about this (not offering the PC user a non-biased choice between different
browsers during install of Windows) as they have been fined before and had
agreed not to do it again. Thus, the bill is also to tell other corporations
that violating such agreement is a very serious matter and in this regard
the EU has no soft feelings. Free and open competition is one of the core
values of the EU and you shall not challenge this.

/gustav