[dba-Tech] Do users want to buy or rent software

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 11 11:28:46 CDT 2013

Here is an interesting poll. It has already been published and the current
results, so far, are:

Weekly Poll Results of:
Do you prefer to buy or rent software?
Survey period: 11 Mar 2013 to 18 Mar 2013

Pay a one-time $50 charge or pay $5 a month - but only on the months you
need it. Which model works best for you?

Option Votes %
I prefer to pay once and own forever: 			52.60
I use the model that ends up cheaper for me:		15.58
I prefer to pay only when I'm using the software: 	08.77
It depends:
18.18
I have no preference:						04.87
Total: 308					   		     100.00

This week's survey: Do you prefer to buy or rent software?

...And you can add to this MS poll:
http://www.codeproject.com/script/Surveys/VoteForm.aspx?srvid=1428