[dba-Tech] A new compiled JavaScript?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 19 21:12:53 CDT 2013

Hi Shamil:

An aside: I have always been a little apprehensive of either Microsoft's or
Google's commitment to any type of programming environment as they may pull
support at a moments notice for any number of reasons.

<rant on>
They sometimes just create an application for training purposes of their
staff, or because of some GPL licensing agreement, or to muddy the waters of
another competitor, or on some wild prospecting adventure. Then they may
just pull or drop the program as it may be challenging their high-end
products, or they loose interest, or a application no longer fits their new
model.

That is why, no matter how interested I am in any application that either
make; I always find myself looking for a quick exit if or when they bale,
yet again.

Didn't Microsoft just announce they are removing messenger capabilities from
Skype, I guess to many were using it instead of their other Messenger. Then
they are dropping Windows 8 support from their phones, just like
Silverlight. Google has just dropped Google Docs and RSS feeds for anyone
but their paying customers...Most of Google translation functionality has
gone. Google has been making great strides designing on top of open GPL
products and now is trying apply charges to their efforts.

Then Microsoft has been censured because they have left an backdoor into
their Skype that any government can use...I understand it is a big problem
in Russia. Then the ECM is threatening to out right ban Google's Glass
project unless they will absolutely guarantee privacy for the users.

Both are becoming more untrustworthy but the day.
<rant off>

It is now so hard to know which way to go in product development.