[dba-Tech] What's new?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun May 5 16:17:15 CDT 2013

We may never know specifically what way Microsoft is going in it research
and implementation and we will never have any input. IMHO, that is not a
good thing as designing a new-world system in a vacuum can lead to a
significant disconnect between the designers and the customer.

Linux, by its nature, needs continuous feed back from its designers and the
users and needs to keep the world wide network of design teams working
towards a common goal. So the following link and extensive article(s) let's
know the future direction and aspirations of the core server and subsequent
desktop products.

https://lwn.net/Articles/LSFMM2013/