[dba-Tech] Older is wiser

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun May 5 23:10:53 CDT 2013

Older programmers are wiser - we no longer work all day and night for next
to nothing.  We know our value.

I've found that making money is easier the older I get - charge more per
hour - am more efficient so the client feels they're getting a bargain - and
got 1) a library of stuff to cut and paste and 2) a lot of tip, tricks, and
'things I've done before' so there's less 'work' in the work.

And that last one is something you get after 10 years and more after 20.
Even if you change platforms, the methods are transferable.