[dba-Tech] WmiPrvSE.exe

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon May 6 16:34:34 CDT 2013

Quite a few hits for this problem.

The best I foud was :
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprovirt/thread/90387e52-dcb9-4137-b7
8f-25c2026a680b/

which details several possible causes and solutions.

First  thing I'd do is go into Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Services,
scroll down to Windows Management Instrumentation, Right click and select Properties and
set it to  "Manual" or "Disabled".  Then Stop the service

--
Stuart