[dba-Tech] asp.net vb EF issues

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue May 21 13:15:40 CDT 2013

Hi Mike:

"...Press F5, error shows up in the browser:- Schema specified is not valid.
Errors:
App_Code.Model1.csdl(3,4) : error 0019: The EntityContainer name must be
unique. An EntityContainer with the name 'AdventureWorks2008R2Entities' is
already defined.
App_Code.Model1.csdl(6,4) : error 0019: Each type name in a schema must be
unique. Type name 'AdventureWorks2008R2Model.Product' was already
defined...."

Ran across that problem a few years ago and as I remember it was something
to do with a settings in the configuration file and how I installed the
Adventure Works demo. It seemed easy at the time but... If I remember, I
will post here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fc475b25-cbb2-408a-901f-9299299538c5