[dba-Tech] TIOBE Programming Community Index for May 2013

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu May 23 02:19:45 CDT 2013

 Hi Jim --

<<< C and C++ does have all those capabilities, but it is just that you have program the features yourself.>>>
Yes, C and C++ do have multi-core scaling capabilities and the other *general purpose* programming languages do not have that capabilities, e.g. my (currently beloved) C# doesn't have that capabilities - and the chances are high it (C#) and Java and JavaScript, ... will never have that capabilities as they are running inside a "sand-box" environment. (well, C# does have unsafe blocks but it doesn't (yet) have languages environment (run-time libraries) features ready to be used to implement blocking free multi-core scaling).

-- Shamil