[dba-Tech] The walking dead

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 1 08:56:28 CDT 2013

Hi Stuart:

I have two clients that still use a dot-matrix printer as there is nothing cheaper for producing three part forms but that is changing.

This morning as a matter of fact, I will be replacing an old dot-matrix printer with a new full-size network ready Okidata laser printer and scanner. They ran out of printed invoice forms and they said it was now cheaper and more convenient to go this route.

The product will linger on for a long time but it is getting harder to replace and repair.