[dba-Tech] Google’s Cerf Says “Privacy May Be An Anomaly”.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Nov 22 09:55:35 CST 2013

Hi Tina --

Thank you for your opinion.

I personally have found to be a "wrong axiom" the following statement from the article I referred: "Privacy is something which has emerged out of the urban boom coming from the industrial revolution,” - so all the conclusions should be also wrong.
I agree with cited in the article Ayn Rand: “Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy”. Thank you.

-- Shamil

Friday, November 22, 2013 9:59 AM -05:00 from Tina Norris Fields <tinanfields at torchlake.com>:
>It's interesting to me that the presumption of a right to privacy in the
>U.S. stems from the assurances of the Fourth Amendment, to be secure
>from unreasonable search and seizure, combined with the assurances of
>the Ninth Amendment that rights that haven't been enumerated still exist
>and are retained by the States and the People themselves.
>
>Although the right to privacy wasn't supported by documentation until
>the Supreme Court 1967 decision, the families I knew while growing up
>all presumed they had the right to keep certain information to
>themselves.  The concept that some things were nobody else's business is
>not a new concept.  However, I would point out that the American culture
>wasn't all that clear about its attitudes, as demonstrated by laws on
>the books that regulated what persons could and couldn't do within their
>own bedrooms.  So, while I believe we have long had a sense of ownership
>and choice concerning what we reveal to others, we haven't been
>even-handed in our attitude when it came to prying into the affairs of
>others.
>
>To paraphrase an old saying, it's not so much that we opposed ox-goring
>as that we opposed having our own ox gored.
>
>Best to you,
>TNF
>
>Tina Norris Fields
>tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com
>231-322-2787
>
>On 11/21/2013 6:47 PM, Salakhetdinov Shamil wrote:
>>   Hi All --
>>

>> FYI:
>>
>> " Google’s Cerf Says “Privacy May Be An Anomaly”.
>>
>>  http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/20/googles-cerf-says-privacy-may-be-an-anomaly-historically-hes-right/
>>
>> Your opinions?

Салахетдинов Шамиль