[dba-Tech] A new Ajax toolkit

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Oct 6 01:35:22 CDT 2013

 Hi Jim at All --

I have just quickly went through all AJAX ToolKit controls on sample site ( http://www.asp.net/ajaxLibrary/AjaxControlToolkitSampleSite/Default.aspx ) - they work well on desktop but the sample site isn't adapted to mobile usage (tested on WinPhone) - controls work well on WinPhone but the sample site looks the same, it doesn't "morph" to adapt to the mobile device screen size. Not sure if the issue can be solved without a lot of additional work, and you?

Here I have found another ASP.NET AJAX/jQuery toolkit:

http://juiceui.com/

The sample site does adapt itself to the mobile device display screen. But the sample pages' load time is much longer than of the similar ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit.

Anybody interested in the above technologies applications could you please test how they work on different browser and mobile devices and post you test results here?

Thank you.

-- Shamil

P.S. BTW, I have got to the Juice UI via the following link:    http://our.componentone.com/2012/02/28/goodbye-ajax-control-toolkit-hello-juice-ui/

P.P.S. Despite the fact that ASP.NET AJAX toolkit doesn't adapt (by default) to the mobile devices displays' margin I'm currently planning to use it first of all for my pending customer project...

Sunday, October  6, 2013 9:27 AM +04:00 from Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru>:
>Thank you, Jim --
>
>It looks like "what doctor ordered" for a customer project I have here in my waiting list...
>
>I wonder where do you find free time on all your investigations - reading on new technologies, posting links and your resumes on different technological subjects here etc. :)
>
>Thank you.
>
>-- Shamil
>

>Saturday, October  5, 2013 10:49 AM -06:00 from Jim Lawrence < accessd at shaw.ca >:
>>Maybe you would like to build a complete word processor online in your latest webpages.
>>
>>It is designed to use with a ASP.Net BE but it is supposed to be completely written in HTML and can be modified to work in any web environment.
>>
>> http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/
>>
>>It looks like a winner to me.
>>
>>Jim
>

>--