[dba-Tech] Compromised

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Oct 11 13:49:25 CDT 2013

I think a switch to Linux will keep the hackers at bay.  For anywhere from a
week to a year.

But if you put a big enough carrot out there - like accounts with a couple
billions dollars in them - I think they'll find a way.  Windows is the
target right now because that's where the money is.

The weakness is not Windows.  It's the nature of computers and the internet.

And why should computers and the internet be any different from any other
thing created by people to keep their stuff safe?  Have we made a burglar
proof house? Car? Bank?

Structurally I see the vulnerability software and the internet proportional
to it's utility.  We can improve the locks on the house, but that will make
going in and coming out less convenient.

Just my two pfennig.