[dba-Tech] Super new software

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 13 12:54:14 CDT 2013

Hi All:

Some guys within Google has created some software that will allow anyone to stream, through their browser, to anyone, in single or multiple sessions. The software is fully Open Source and can be initiated within a browser with only a few JavaScript commands.

Check it out at: http://www.webrtc.org/

The site has a full explanation on how to install it and setup your scripts:
http://www.webrtc.org/demo

There are all sorts of products that can used in-conjunction with this base to extend features like:
http://webcamtoy.com/
https://peercdn.com/

It can be used to give remote support, stream graphics, training and even build your own Skype...

Right out of the box it connects with Google BE server the manages the connections and then allows the product to do it own pier to pier transferring. If you do not want Google to do this management you can download and run your own Open Source server that runs on all major platforms.

http://code.google.com/p/rfc5766-turn-server/

The server is very advanced as it manages all the connections and even manages the buffering in the event of slow or poor connections so all users should have a good experience.

Even products like Opera, IE or Safari can use this product:
http://code.google.com/p/webrtc4all/

My next web site project will be to include this feature but it is definitely a winter experiment...that I am very much looking forward to