[dba-Tech] Search Engine Giant Yandex Launches Cocaine, A Cloud Service To Compete With Google App Engine

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Oct 17 02:42:20 CDT 2013

 Hi Jim --

Yes, I do not see any info on pricing, this seems to be a beta v.0.9. But you can use it on your own Linux servers if you get its sources from here:

https://github.com/cocaine/cocaine-docs-en/wiki

I'm not yet ready here for such usage, I'd better wait till it will be v.1.0 and released on Yandex as a free/paid cloud PaaS.

BTW, Microsoft has what is called COM+ server for a long time - it's probably already used in Windows Azure (I haven't had time to check) - COM+ should allow to support very similar technology with load-balancing, scaling, packaging etc.

-- Shamil.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль