[dba-Tech] Windows 8.1

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 19 06:21:40 CDT 2013

Hi Arthur:

I know your concerns. We have only four providers here in Canada and from personal experience I know Shaw lies. They have their own speed tester and it gives a false impression. First, it initiates with a burst mode which drops to a much lower rate but their tester does an average...so it is not accurate. Second, there are various performance levels depending on your purchase plan but they are continually modifying these levels downward. This is the trouble with a monopoly and regulators who don't regulate.

Try this speed tester as it is not product owned by any of our monopolies it should give an accurate figure: http://www.speedtest.net