[dba-Tech] DoSearches.com?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 19 14:20:49 CDT 2013

Hi Stuart:

Agreed...but few standard users seem aware of this until its too late. There has to be a real education campaign among most users as they appear blissfully unaware of the dangers or even the checkbox. Some apps even have a button that says something like; "Decline the install, yes or no". It is not easy to know whether you are saying "no" to what you have downloaded or is it referring to "extras". The last computer I worked on had two malware applications that had to be removed, partly manually and two browsers that had to be cleaned up. It was a real mess.

Considering the client had just over looked the checkbox, I suspect made to be confusing, as they were actually looking for it and the product they were downloading was coming from a supposed well known legitimate site, they were more than surprised. The malware was attached to the download by the actual site operations. Very bad.

I would like to see those sites banned until they clean up their act.