[dba-Tech] Microsoft and its future

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 10 23:23:38 CDT 2013

We have one 'puter running Win 8. Despite its prettiness, it made a
terrible first impression. Once we got round the idiocies of the
unswipeable Metro UI modelled on a swipeable UI, Win 8 didn't seem all
that bad.

After a couple of months of trying to help my wife find the stuff she
needs in Win 8, I wish I could throw the machine in the lake.

Windows 8.1 was supposed to fix some of worst Win 8 problems. It doesn't
(http://www.infoworld.com/d/microsoft-windows/windows-81-review-new-version-same-mess-226510).

The utter cluelessness of the Win 8 design and unfix 8.1 doesn't argue
that Microsoft will or should have a bright future.

PB

-----