[dba-Tech] [AccessD] webalo (was: Alpha Anywhere)

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 12:20:48 CDT 2013

Startups 101: a course in ensuring that your demos work. instructor Arthur
Fuller, who has made 1K+ mistakes and can therefore speak with something
approaching prescience.

Course One is free.

Lesson 1: Make absolutely sure that your demos work on any and all
supported platforms. A the very least, you need a bare-metal build box on
every platform you allege to support. VMs will not do; to much ancillary
baggage; boxes are dirt-cheap and if you profess to offer a solution, the
least you can do is prove it.

Lesson 2: If your app depends upon any other software, make an image of
your OS and any dependent software so that you can fry the test machine(s)
and reconstruct them to their virgin state.

Lessons 3-10 cost money. But they are invaluable.

Arthur

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Not an auspicious start.
>
> Jim