[dba-Tech] Windows Event Log help

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Sat Sep 21 15:02:18 CDT 2013

Do any of you fine people know how to filter the event log for what PROGRAM
caused a reboot?

I know Event IDs 6005 and 6006 will indicate a power down event but that
information isn't very helpful by itself in this instance.

I had an entire office of workstations reboot once during the day (at
various times). They all got a 2 minute warning that the computer was going
to reboot, save your work, etc. which sounds like my script. Except my
script happens on Tuesday nights not Thursday during work hours.

It appears that Java was updated but I do not allow for automatic updates,
so, I'm trying to track this down.

TIA
John B