[dba-Tech] Printing from DOS to a networked Windows printer

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 13:01:58 CDT 2013

Wow Jim you seriously bring up the days of old. I remember CP/M and even
Apple SOS, Those were the days, back when dBASE II ran within 64K of RAM.
Way back when. I met Wayne and Bob Byers too, and I was the first to
publish an interview with C. Wayne Ratliff. Also I was the first and only
interviewer to land Brian Russell, creator of Clipper.But these stories are
long ago, and others have covered the new meat, e.g. Zuckerberg etc. I
think that I could do a way better job on such fields, but who cares?

Anyway, DOS rocks and I even have an emulator for it, but I love CP/M even
more. Bad move, Gary Kilfalll. You could have changed the world but chose
instead to take a plane-ride. Thanks for all that ego, Gary.

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> If any of you have some techniques for printing to a Windows network
> printer from the command prompt I would be interested in knowing. Any other
> related issues I would also be eager to know.
>
> There is a lot of stuff out on the web about such processes but I have a
> time limit to come up with the best and most flexible method for
> accomplishing this. Any suggestions or/and sample code would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> MTIA
>
> Jim

Arthur