[dba-Tech] Dot Net

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 09:51:53 CDT 2013

I wish to nominate myself as the future CEO of Microsoft. And I need all
you people to second this nomination. I have radical plans for transforming
this dinosaur. "Just watch me!" as the saying goes. Don't let me loose in
this playpen, else s**t will happen. But seriously, I figure that if I
gather a few million votes then I could reasonably become the big
shishkabob in Redmond. And as my first platform plank, I shall make Windows
free, and of course charge correspondingly more for Office... no wait,
other way around, make Office free and charge big bucks for Windows. Nah,
both ideas are bad. How about this? We clone Windoze and make it free and
call it Lindows. That is pretty much guaranteed to fork them all up.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Dan Waters <df.waters at comcast.net> wrote:

> If you read the comments you'll find some knowledgeable people taking the
> author to task.
>
> The one discussion point I do agree with is the amazingly high cost of the
> Ultimate and Premium versions of Visual Studio.  This would cause people to
> find alternatives.
>
> Dan

Arthur