[dba-Tech] Changing coloring scheme for Midnight Commander - the most pupular file manager on unix like systems

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 3 15:36:25 CDT 2014

Hi Shamil:

Midnight Commander has been around since UNIX (SCO UNIX over twenty years ago...) and DOS days (used QDOS, a DOS variant of MC, which had the capabilities to prune and graft from/to the directory trees) and I have used it once or twice but until there was a GUI available... It is the best command line file manager there is and I understand there is a hundred different theme and patches around for it.

Its main attributes are small memory requirements and speed of course. ...and of course real men don't use GUIs...just ask the Hyper-V server folks. ;-)