[dba-Tech] Just curious: How does Word implement its "Add toDictionary" feature?

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Apr 6 15:16:35 CDT 2014

Google "where is word dictionary"

Rocky

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2014 12:02 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: [dba-Tech] Just curious: How does Word implement its "Add
toDictionary" feature?

I'm guessing that it's some sort of text file stored somewhere on my hard
disk, and assuming that I'm correct, could I edit this file directly and add
the numerous differences between American and correct spelling (i.e.
Canadian and English) of words such as "color" vs. "colour", "honor" vs.
"honour", and so on. I chose simple examples but the problem grows rapidly
more complex as one progresses to larger words.

Does anyone have any insights as to how MS does it inside Word and the other
Office apps?

--
Arthur