[dba-Tech] Changing coloring scheme for Midnight Commander - the most pupular file manager on unix like systems

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Apr 6 15:58:02 CDT 2014

 Hi Jim --

Thank you for the link on presentation. Here are a few useful refrences I have got from it:

https://github.com/ppouliot/puppet-quartermaster
https://github.com/ppouliot/puppet-petools
https://github.com/ppouliot/puppet-openstack_hyper_v
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn293271.aspx
http://wiki.openstack.org/Hyper-V
IRC: Freenode: #openstack-hyper-v
Hyper-V MSIs for OpenStack:
http://www.cloudbase.it
http://www.cloudbase.it/create-windows-openstack-images/
http://www.cloudbase.it/openstack-windows-and-puppet/ They say: " Windows can be automated with Puppet!" - this is good news.

Bad news is:
*+
Windows IT Professionals and Devops: A problem
Problem
Devops is a new concept for the Windows IT Pro
Continuous Integration and delivery are also new concepts for Windows IT Pro
Skills need to be updated
Enterprise shops usually have highly segregated skill sets
Typical windows workflows are not automated or automation
*- <<<
Here is a "Learning Puppet" VM:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/   (Unfortunately there is no Hyper-V VM version - hopefully they make one real soon as they announced cooperation with MS Windows Azure).

What I meant - the absence of ready to use "Learning Puppet VM" to run under Hyper-V

-- Shamil