[dba-Tech] Is Microsoft moving to the darkside

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 8 11:42:03 CDT 2014

Some may think Microsoft is inching towards the "Dark side" but I believe it is becoming more enlightened (or moving away from the "Dark side")...If it continues on its present course I believe that MS has a great future. The article attached to the following link suggests that the company is not out of the woods yet...but it is on the right path.

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/microsoft-new-company

On a personal note, I think that Microsoft has grown from the desktop and is moving towards the enterprise and the OSS world (Linux) is moving from the enterprise towards the desktop. Eventually the two worlds will morph much like Microsoft's Azure which would not have existed if the company had not embraced the Open Source world.