[dba-Tech] NoSQL?

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 06:01:28 CDT 2014

Hello All,

I have only one comment to make here,

and it is a repeat of a comment made many times on AccessD over the years.

"People on the bleeding edge, bleed a lot"

I am interested in NoSQL technology, but to replace a natural relational
requirement with a nosql seems to make no sense to me.

I still see nosql as offering the following

ability to process billions and trillions of records
ability to scale to 10s and 100s of servers
ability to scale to 10s of locations for data centres

If you have additional benefits that SQL does not have, please add here.

Finally, if anyone has good examples where we should use a bigdata database
for smalldata application, please share it.

thanks

Mark