[dba-Tech] Low-Level Format

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Mon Apr 21 01:32:41 CDT 2014

Most Linux distros installers have a facility to add/modify/delete your partitions. Deleting your partitions and creating new ones is the equivalent of formatting. If your installer doesn't, I guess you could always boot a live cd (or usb) with the Gparted livecd/usb ( http://gparted.org/livecd.php ). Would this suit your needs?

Otherwise, if you just want to delete all the files, mount your partition and use the "rm" tool to delete all your files on that mount.

- Hans