[dba-Tech] A Nice DVD cataloguer

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 26 10:55:37 CDT 2014

Hi Arthur:

Thanks for the link.

From: "Arthur Fuller" <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of Hardware and Software issues" <dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Saturday, 26 April, 2014 2:17:36 AM
Subject: [dba-Tech] A Nice DVD cataloguer

I have a collection of close to 500 DVD movies, and have tried several
cataloguers. A few days ago I received a notice from the makers of Ant
Movie Catalog that a new release is available. I downloaded it at once and
within a couple of days I have catalogued almost my whole collection.

The program works by invoking scripts that login to various sites like IMDB
and DVDEmpire (and many others, for languages other than English). It comes
with quite a few reports, all of which can be customized using the included
report designer. I wanted a report similar to an existing one, but
including a couple of new fields and dropping a couple of others. The
change took all of two minutes at most.

If you're a movie nut like I am, this free program will prove invaluable to
you. You can visit the site here: www.antp.be.

For those who care about such things, the program was written in Delphi.
--
Arthur