[dba-Tech] friends don't let friends use ie

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Apr 30 03:56:25 CDT 2014

Hi Mark

Yes, even with the "corporate" label, these services are priced fair. Secure DNS is about USD 30 per user per year.
In practice, it is "all or none" as you normally will include all users in a department or - for a small business - the whole shop.
Of course, you can manually adjust network settings of individual machines but then you miss the overall security.

We use it here, and it has brought relief indeed to the ladies as these previously were scared to death by all the stories in the press about hijacked keyboards and stolen passwords. You can tell from here to eternity that everything is safe (antivirus is installed on workstations, and these users really behave when browsing, so risk is minimal) but they want documentation and that is the bright accessory in the SecureDNS package.

/gustav